Job Title: Migration Specialist
Department: Business Development
Reports To: Support Department Manager
Location: Phoenix, AZ, Remote
The Migration Architect is responsible for all aspects of a Data Migration Project providing high-quality services for the PTC Suite of software applications. They will lead migration teams through requirements definition, design, development and implementation of migration solutions for complex customer requirements involving CAD and Non-CAD data. This individual will provide effective services to our rapidly growing customer base, delivering solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies.
Apply for position:
Please use the form below to submit your resume. Alternatively, you can send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or technology related field desired
- 3-5 years of experience with Windchill Bulk Migrator desired.
- Minimum 5 years experience architecting and delivering complex migrations.
- Demonstrated skills Migrating CAD, PLM and Change Management objects.
- Demonstrated skills writing SQL queries and scripts to export, import, and transform legacy and Windchill data.
- Knowledge of both Oracle and Microsoft SQL Database software.
- Knowledge of networking concepts.
- Experience with SQL, XML, VB, and Java programming.
- Experience with Engineering concepts and programs (Creo Parametric, Solidworks,NX, CATIA, etc) desirable.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multifaceted environment and successfully complete tasks
- Ability to work occasional weekend/holiday to support cutover activities.
- Available for overnight travel when required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Effective communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- US Citizenship. (to support ITAR customers)
- Maintains strong knowledge of SQL and the tools necessary to analyze and evaluate database structures.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills to effectively relate to individuals on all levels with the ability to initiate, coordinate and complete tasks in a time and cost-effective manner.
- Works closely with stakeholders to develop detailed scope of work, schedule and execution plans for data migration engagements.
- Analyze and document migration requirements, data mappings, development needs and migration strategy with customer teams and define the scope and expected outcomes from the intended migrations.
- Analyze, document and develop transformation methods for preparing legacy data into a format for loading into a target Windchill system.
- Design and execute migrations for Windchill PDM, including migrating Parts, CAD, Docs, Change Objects, links, etc from a variety of source PLM and ERP systems.
- Development of migration tools in support of legacy data extraction and transformation.
- Integrates and tests migration tools and process and develops the migration execution plan.
- Take ownership of technical issues and work with the customer to provide a timely resolution.
- Identify requirements, data, and other project risks and assist project managers in tracking and mitigation
- Produce supporting and deliverable documentation as defined by the engagement.
- Make client-side recommendations for hardware, network and process improvements.
- Work closely with project managers ensuring project scope is met and change control is initiated as needed.
- Provide best practices for user acceptance testing, training, design, documentation and delivery efforts.
- Participate in pre-sales activities with customers as required.
- Identify new opportunities in existing accounts as gaps become evident during service delivery.
- Identify solution gaps in migrated solutions and make recommendations to appropriate project team.
- Mentor and collaborate with services team members on design, documentation and implementations.
- Supports project team and customers with advanced technical questions and solutions.
- Record and resolve project issues and escalate where necessary.
- Required to travel to customer sites in Canada, USA and Mexico with valid passport.
BENEFITS (after 90-day assessment)*
- Medical, Vision, Dental & Life insurance
- Health Flex Savings Account
- 401(k) Traditional and Roth
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible paid vacations/sick leave & holidays
Offices are sanitized daily and air purification systems are located throughout the building. Staff is safely distanced.
Last Updated April 22, 2021