PTC Creo Elements Direct/Drafting
PTC Creo Elements/Direct Drafting (formerly CoCreate Drafting) is a comprehensive 2D CAD system built on a part and assembly structure that is tuned to the specific needs of mechanical engineers and designers. Specialized features such as assembly management and 2D parametric capabilities expand beyond the full set of standard 2D design capabilities to provide a complete 2D CAD platform for the product development process.
The design capabilities in PTC Creo-Elements/Direct Drafting provide a powerful and interactive way to adapt existing drawings and create families of parts or drawings. By repurposing existing designs, engineering teams can optimize their concept and detail design processes. And when you are ready to move to 3D CAD design, there is an easy migration path to PTC Creo Elements/Direct Modeling.
Features and Benefits
- Organize 2D design elements within a part and assembly product structure (versus layers), matching how engineers design and manufacture products
- Improve speed and accuracy as you create and modify with visual snap points, lines, and handles
- Dimension design features, manually or automatically, on parts and assemblies using international standards including ISO, DIN, JIS, and ANSI
- Compare different revisions of drawings, clearly highlighting additions, deletions, and modifications
- Customize to fit company-specific needs and automate 2D development processes
- Import and export Autodesk DWG and DXF and 2D IGES formats