PTC Requirements Management
Manage, track and cross-reference requirements throughout product development
Insufficient visibility into requirements increases the chance of product failure in the marketplace. Usually that’s because requirements are either not well connected with product design data, or not easily accessible by the entire team. This disconnect makes it difficult to determine: whether requirements are satisfied by underlying product designs; how they will impact requirements; or how requirement changes impact designs, schedule and cost.
Integrity Requirements Management works with PTC Windchill PDMLink to manage product software and hardware requirements, including change control and associating requirements with specific product structures and design content. With bi-directional traceability between customer needs, market requirements and the underlying technical requirements, you can ensure that customer and market requirements are satisfied by designs, and properly verified during development.
Features and Benefits
- Improve productivity by easily understanding the relationships between requirements and product structures as well as leveraging a single, common change process for requirements, hardware and software components
- Facilitate collaboration across groups and departments on the definition and selection of requirements
- Improve communication by providing visibility of requirements to all teams throughout the product development process
- Accelerate time-to-market with early identification of requirements that are not being met or don’t have appropriate verification plans
- Improve market success by monitoring how well a product complies with customer expectations
- Reduce rework and improve quality by managing requirements in an integrated fashion