PLM Benefits Without The Hurdles – PLM OnDemand
Deploying and managing enterprise applications can be challenging, costly, and time consuming, especially when IT organizations are already stretched thin. With PTC PLM OnDemand, companies are guaranteed rapid deployment, secure hosting, and 24/7 application management, tuning, and updates with experienced application specialists. The result: Peak software performance, minimum risk, and maximum business value.
- One integral PLM solution for your company
- Access anytime, anywhere, regardless of location
- Software as a Service (SaaS) Model
- Monthy subscription enables instant scalability without a large upfront investment
- Fast to deploy/go live
- PTC Managed/hosted, performance, and reliability
Product Lifecycle Management For All
With PTC PLM OnDemand, these hurdles are eliminated for small and medium sized companies that recognize the need for PLM but lack the resources–either human or financial–or are not interested in the overhead of managing a PLM solution in-house. Fear PLM no more–PTC PLM OnDemand, delivered as a service and hosted by PTC, is your easy-to-use, comprehensive solution. It has all the benefits of PLM such as data vaulting, document management, direct multi-CAD integrations, change, collaboration, project management, and visualization, without all the hurdles.
With PTC PLM OnDemand, companies rely on PTC’s application experts to deploy, manage, and fine-tune their PLM and SLM enterprise applications in a secure PTC datacenter. The service ensures application uptime, reduced total cost of ownership (TCO), more predictable expenses, and the freedom to focus on business opportunities and impact.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) Model
- Flexible per user per month subscription license (that covers software, hardware, maintenance, hosting, etc.) enables easy growth as your needs change
- Requires only an Internet connection and a Web-browser – available around the globe
- Eliminates complexity, time, cost, and risk of installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- Comprehensive understanding of Pro/ENGINEER data and relationships
- Multi-CAD data management – Ability to manage SolidWorks®, AutoCAD®, Autodesk Inventor® data and relationships
- Only solution that combines engineering and enterprise data management in a single offering, eliminating the need and cost of integrating separate applications
PTC PLM OnDemand delivers realizable benefits such as:
- Reduced implementation and management risk
- Faster time to value with new solutions
- Predictable operational expense
- Reduced in-house IT burden
- Maximum business value
- Role-based access to product information requires only a Web browser
- Home page with current work, tasks, personal notebook, and subscriptions /notifications
- Product and item specific discussion forums
- Locate and verify content faster and easier with 2D or 3D interactive thumbnails
- Validate engineering/CAD data without requiring the original application and easily add feedback with markups associated to iterations
Product Information Control and Secure Access Single secure vault for any type of product data with full document management capabilities, including check-in /out, history, search, and role-based access control. Control product evolution with lifecycle management.
Automate change with the ability to create, review, and analyze the impact of changes with associated product data. Simple procedures for simple changes and complete procedures for high-impact changes, including problem reports, change requests, and change notification.
Create, manage, and deliver all required views of product information and effectivity, such as Design or Manufacturing bills of material.
Part of PTC’s Product Development System Seamless user experience with Pro/ENGINEER® Wildfire™ and Windchill ProjectLink On Demand.™
Integrated With Other Applications
- Direct MCAD integrations for Pro/ENGINEER/Creo, AutoCAD®, Autodesk Inventor®, and SolidWorks®
- Drop-down menus within Microsoft® Office applications for search and check-in/out
Secure, Scalable PTC PLM OnDemand Infrastructure
Leave the infrastructure and operations to PTC with powerful PTC Hosting. For you, there is no hardware or software to buy, install, or maintain. Service upgrades and access to new capabilities occur seamlessly and transparently.
PTC has 15 years of experience managing and hosting PTC’s applications for more than 100 large, medium, and small organizations. PTC is the only hosting or Managed Services provider that will assume responsibility for the entire solution with experienced experts in PTC applications
To help users adopt quickly and be most productive with the service, PTC offers Web-based training subscriptions for users in PTC University. These self-paced classes enable users to take the courses specific to their roles whenever appropriate.